This is a great go-to recipe, and is tasty, easy and cheap to make.
For Penne Bolognese:
2 Tbsp oil
350g penne, cooked and drained
375g ground/minced beef
400g can of plum tomatoes
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp rosemary
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of paprika
3 large mushrooms, cut into slices (optional)
Parmesan/Pecarino Romano cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta until al dente; drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a medium pan; add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
3. Add ground/minced beef. Once it has started to brown, add your mushrooms--you can also use any other type of vegetable, like peas, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, etc.
4. Once the beef has browned, and the mushrooms have began to soften, add your tomatoes.
5. Crush the tomatoes, and add salt, pepper, basil, oregano, sage, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg and paprika; stir until well combined.
6. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
7. Serve sauce over pasta; top with Parmesan or Pecarino Romano cheese.